Ancient and modern
Il David Restaurant is located on the ground floor of a luxurious 13th-century building on Piazza della Signoria, a strategic position in Florence city center. Owned since 1949 by the Innocenti family, the restaurant is specialized in typical Florentine cuisine, which has been cooked here since 1880, as shown by photos and historical documents.
Proud of its legacy, Il David Restaurant has been a member of the Florentine Historical and Traditional Commercial Activities Register since 2002, a collection of famous historical shops, businesses and meeting places in Florence (www.esercizistorici.it).
The restaurant has recently undergone a complete renovation to offer top-quality services, such as efficient air conditioning and free Wi-Fi, so that history can keep up with modern comforts.